Thursday, September 26, 2013

Embrace your indiscretions ~ no matter how ashamed you are of them

A funny thing happened on the way to the beach last week.
I wasn't planning on getting into the water ... I only swim in pools.
But I just love to sit on the boardwalk and watch the water. And by water, I mean the hot men.
So as I'm sitting there, deep in thought about my next blog entry, the subject just strolled by me. And as this man strolled by me, I instinctively put my hood over my head with the swiftness.
Sad to say, the hood was the only thing to hide me from ~~~ my indiscretion.
We all have one, or two, or 10! It's that person who you had "relations" with, who you are sort of ashamed of admitting.
That person could be a bit psychotic whose craziness was a hot turn-on in the boudoir, but in the light of day, you just know that everyone knows this fruit loop is one of Asbury Park's mental cases.
Or the person could be the biggest jerk in this city, but you didn't care at the time of the deed because you thought, "Hey, it's just sex!" But then it's the times afterward that you are just way too embarrassed to admit to your friends that the city's big jerk was someone you had sex with because you know you will be in for judgment.
Then you have the person who is the biggest flamer around, and despite the fact that he was a lion in the sack, in broad daylight he's just Mary's little lamb to everyone around the city. So when he comes up to you in a group of your friends, you steer all conversation away from any words that might give away the fact that you took him home with you one lonely night.
Well, mine was the psychotic. Hot, hot, hot in the bedroom ... but not, not, not in real life. So as I was able to avoid that awkward conversation, I felt a twinge of guilt. Who was I to judge? I mean, everyone has their faults, right?
Well guilt quickly turned to wonderment. Being the introspective gay that I am, I started to wonder, "Hey, am I anyone's hidden indiscretion?!?"
Everyone has sex with everyone around this city. But how many of us are ashamed to admit that we've had sex with someone not so desirable?
I would hate to think that a person that I had sex with would be afraid for others to know he did. But then again, we all have that person in our past ... or present.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you run into that person, don't ignore him/her because you are ashamed of your "relations" with this person. Just smile, greet that person with a warm hello, chit-chat a little. It would go a long way in making this city a friendlier place.
And isn't that what all of us gays really want ~ a friendly city?
Now the next time I run into my psychotic indiscretion, I know now what I will do ... Hell, I'm going to do the same exact thing I did last week! The dude is cra-cra!!
Sorry 'bout it ... but Bernadine isn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment