Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pink Prom was a success, thanks to all its fabulous contributors

(Part 2 of 2)
As the Pink Prom was a successful event, it was a slightly difficult event to  put together .
But even though it was a fabulous event, it couldn't have been a worthwhile event without the help of several important individuals.
When I decided to put together the Pink Prom, I was nervous that this event wouldn't be the best event  it could be. I thought it would be a good event with a lot of things left out. But after all the planning, it turned out to be the best event that it could possibly be.
If I had to list all its fabulous contributors, I would be here all day. The event was a success, thanks to many generous contributors. Even though the prom was one of the most fabulous events of the season, it would not have been a great event without the help of certain people.
I have to give a big shout-out to Ryan Jimenez, the person who helped me to put this entire event together. I had no idea what to do to make this event a success, but Ryan had the know-how and knowledge to turn this event into one of the most fabulous events in Asbury Park's history.
I wanted to make as much money as possible to give back to an organization that has done so much good for the community, so this event was so worthwhile. The Leather Community, DragonsLair, put together the silent auction, and we were able to raise a good amount of funds for a good cause. Paradise and the individuals in charge of the club helped in the organization and helping to make this event a success.
I never wanted to shine any attention on myself and let anyone know that I was behind the funding for this event because I believed the most important thing was the cause. But I guess it is okay that people know what the purpose of this event was for, and who was behind the fundraiser.
I never realized that even though this was for a good cause, not all the supporters of the gay community would be behind this. So when some organizations who have usually supported the gay community did not have our backs, I was taken aback. I'm usually in a position to have faith in all organizations supporting one another, but when I pounded the pavement to get companies to give back to the gay organizations who have put themselves out there to make things better for the LGBTQ organization, I came up short.
I won't guesstimate why, but I am just hoping that the many organizations and companies unite to help the gay organizations make a difference. Some of them haven't done it yet, but down the road I am hoping they do it. The only way we can make a difference is by supporting ourselves and giving back what we already put out there.
I, myself, support the companies that are supportive of the gay community. I'm just hoping that it doesn't continue to be a one-way street.

No comments:

Post a Comment