Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm no dancing queen ... or am I?

This has been one stressful week!
I feel like all my energy is spent, but I'm glad today begins my vacation week.
This week is Thanksgiving, and I always take vacation time during this week. It's my favorite holiday, one that I've always been so happy to share with my mom. This was one of her favorite holidays, too, because she would get to spend it with all her family around her.
So I was always so thankful to get to see her on Thanksgiving.
This will be the first holiday without my mother. I won't get to see her this Thanksgiving - our holiday. This week will be so difficult for me, but it was going to be a bit easier because my ex-boyfriend (as of 13 days) had made a lot of plans with me to get me through the week. But as he is no longer in the picture, the plans are no longer in the picture, either.
I'm going to my brother's house for Thanksgiving family dinner, but as for the rest of the week, I have to come up with alternate plans to get through this week.
So I guess I'm going to need to fill the time with something else that I love to do - dance!
I love to dance, and in Asbury Park, I usually always dance at Club Paradise. That's really the only place in the city to sufficiently dance the night away. So I guess I'll dance as much as I can this week. Maybe I'll head up to Philly to dance at Woody's, New Hope to dance at Nevermore, or Manhattan to dance at a slew of places - Pyramid or The Ritz, perhaps. And tonight, I'm going to dance the night away at Club Paradise.
It's funny - I love to show off my ability to morph from a serious businessman into a dancing fool. But I never would dance in front of my mother. I don't think she's ever seen me dance. I've always been shy to dance in front of my mother because I thought she'd think I was a bit of a dancing queen, so to speak. I thought she'd be embarrassed.
But I wish she were able to see me acting like a dancing queen in a disco; I'm sure she wouldn't mind at all.
So maybe I'll do a hell of a lot of dancing this week. And maybe mom will be looking down on me, finally able to see her youngest son show off his dancing skills.
She'll finally be able to see that I am, indeed, a dancing queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment