Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Benefit for Wendy is a cause everyone should support

I know within the gay community, something difficult happens to one of us. And that's the time for all of us, within and outside the community, to band together and offer assistance to one of our own.
I think that is one of the things that unify us, despite any differences a person may have with another. It's one of the reasons I'm most proud that I'm a part of the community.
So it made me very happy when I received notification that the community was getting together to put on a fundraising benefit for Wendy Tesoroni, one of the bartenders at Club Paradise. As some of you already know, Wendy was in an accident and suffered injuries. And as all of you know, Wendy is a major part of the community.
I know for me, she always made me feel like I was never an outsider in the gay community, actually from the moment I first moved to the area and started hanging out. I'd never told her how much I appreciated her for doing that. She's done that for so many of us.
(*And despite her massive love of hockey and the knowledge that she's the one who got me addicted to Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey shots, I still adore her*)
So as she's been a trooper during recovery, her medical expenses are pretty hefty. So this benefit is a good thing, at this time.
So we as a community, gay and straight, should make it out to Paradise Asbury Park on Tuesday, January 29th for this benefit. It starts at 7 p.m. and is being hosted by Lady Marisa and Verona Veloure Sky, Miss Paradise 2012. There will be performances by Willito Rivera and Sabrina Rondeau, Mr and Ms. Gay NJ, and there will also be 50/50s, basket raffles and homemade cooking. If you are interested in donating items for auction or financial donations, you can drop them off at the Empress Hotel desk or call 732-988-6663.
For more information you can look up the Facebook page for Paradise Asbury Park or the event page "Benefit for Wendy"

No comments:

Post a Comment